Wednesday, November 16, 2005


Bead Stores - Offline and Online

I was recently in Seattle and visited a bead store in the downtown area. What a disappointment! While the prices were reasonable, the store looked dingy, had a confusing layout and poorly labeled items. It also did not make good use available space. That experience made me long for my favorite local store, Nomadic Notions right here in Austin. It offers a huge range of beads and findings, is well organized, and the staff is knowledgeable and friendly.
There is something to be said for looking at and handling the actual merchandise, but price and selection also make a good argument for mail-order and internet stores. My copy of the hefty Fire Mountain Gems catalog is well-thumbed by now, and the company's website offers an enormous wealth of everything a beader needs.
Of course eBay also has been a great source of beads and particularly of findings for me. My favorite sellers are Buzzinbeads and Value Beads.
Finally, jewelry has to be displayed properly when you photograph it, and I found Gems on Display to be a good source for display busts and easels - if they could only offer necklace displays in more colors!

So, let me know your favorite sources of beading supplies!

Cyberbeader
http://www.lovebeadsunlimited.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home